=]

Any questions about the blog? Anything you'd like answered or written about? You can email me directly at LaylaFontaine@live.com. I enjoy writing about anything and everything. I also love pictures, so if you'd like your picture featured on my page please send them to my email. Thanks for reading!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Jeans

Why is it when you go into one store and try on, lets say, a size 7 and it looks magical but then you walk into another store and try on a 7 you can't even get them past your hips? Did you gain weight walking from store to store?! IMPOSSIBLE! There are a few factors you should take into account. #1 Material- different stores/brands use different material. Some use rougher tougher jean material, and others use softer elastic material. #2 Standards- some stores/brands see people differently. There are jeans that are perfect for people with different hip size, thigh size, butt size, waist size, and height. Just finding the combination that works for you can be tough. #3 You- Just because you were a 13 last year doesn't mean this year you are. People force themselves into jeans that don't fit, and think that has to be their size. I know I am not the funnest person to go shopping with because I'm different sizes in each store. Here are a few tips I use, they definatly can help boost my confidence. When I shop for jeans I go in and grab three pairs of the same jean to try on, the size I would suspect I am a size lager and a size smaller. When I'm in the dressing room I try on the largest size, if it fits great! If it doesn't then I try on the next pair. Now if they seem to fit and i can breathe and there is no muffin-toppage going on then I'll get them but if they don't then I go back to the larger pair. Even if they were too big I can still get them taken in. That just means I get what I like to think of as custon jeans.
I'm short, I have big hips, some extra weight, and I like fitted jeans. That combination tends to be impossible! I've gotten jeans several sizes bigger just to have them taken in to be what I want. And even though they were bigger I didn't sulk about size because I still had to have them taken in.
I'm also losing a lot of weight so having jeans that don't end up around my ankles is hard so this is what I've done. I have jeans for the size I am now, the size I was before, and the size I will be next. That way I can take in the larger jeans soon, wear the jeans that fit now, and look at what I'm going to look like in a few months! But even then they might not fit they way I like so it's always good to have a handy dandy tailor!
Jean shopping doesn't have to be a complete nightmare! If you find a pair you like buy a few of them and add a patch or some rinestones to the pocket to change them up. No on said you can't have more of the same pair!
Happy Shopping!
Layla F.

No comments:

Post a Comment